CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! It’s my 200th post!! I’m so happy!! Now because this is a landmark post, I wanted to post something special! So I decided to share with you the new recipe that I am the very most proud of!
IT. WAS. SO. GOOD.
Like good to the point that as I was finishing mine up, I looked over to see Mr. Rodgers carefully wiping the bottom of the bowl with his finger and then licking it. Repeatedly. Even when there was nothing left. Then he turned to me and bashfully asked for another bowl, haha. That, my friends, is a good sign that you have created something wonderful!
White sauce…but healthy white sauce. Creamy. Garlicky. A couple greens for texture and extra nutrients. Grilled steak cooked to a lovely medium doneness. And spaghetti squash to give the illusion and comfort of pasta without the carbs. Hallelujah, what more could you ask for?!
Let’s get to it so you can experience this yumminess as well!!
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs(ish) steak, approximately 1 inch thick
- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 C Peas (I used frozen)
- 1 C Asparagus, cut into inch pieces
- 2 Heads Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 6+ Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 C Chicken Broth
- 1 C Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Grassfed Butter (We use Kerrygold)
- Additional Grassfed Butter for pan greasing
- Salt and Pepper
And here’s how you do it:
- Choose your method of cooking the spaghetti squash. I like doing “set it and forget it” methods. You can use a crock pot with a little water in the bottom, or cook it at 375 degrees for an hour or so (pierce it first).
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Season steak generously with salt and pepper, (and maybe a little Mrs. Dash! I can’t seem to cook without it!) and grill about 7 minutes per side, depending on how you like your meat cooked. Set aside during the rest of the prep.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. Meanwhile, prep your cauliflower. Add it to the boiling broth and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a pan and sauté the garlic for a minute or two, careful not to burn it…just get that lovely rich flavor and fragrance coming out of it. Set aside.
- Melt more butter into same pan, and add asparagus and peas. Saute for about 5 minutes, just until they are a vibrant green color and beginning to get tender.
- When cauliflower is tender, transfer to a food processor or blender (in batches if necessary!) Don’t toss out the broth just yet! Add 1-2 C of the broth to the food processor along with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp butter, and garlic. “Blend” for about 5 minutes straight until it is very creamy.
- Pour mixture back into a pot and stir in almond milk. If it is too thick, add more almond milk or chicken broth. Add veggies.
- Thinly slice the steak, and mix into sauce and/or save to top the dish with. I did both, had some mixed into the sauce and saved a few pieces for a “garnish.”
How “yum!!” does that sound?! I hope you love this as much as we did!
Grill lines! 7 Minutes per side!
1 C each of peas and asparagus!
Cauliflower boiling, steak grilling, garlic sautéing!
Peas and asparagus getting tender!
Cauliflower in the food processor…
Plus salt, pepper, garlic, and butter, blended until smooth!
All other ingredients stirred in…what a beautiful sauce!!
Healthy. Comforting. Delicious. Perfection!