Yaaaaaaay finally I can have pancakes again without feeling guilty!! Happy me!! And happy Mr. Rodgers!! He went to work on a Saturday morning, and I surprised him with brunch when he got back. It was so much fun…and so tasty….and so healthy!! Win win win! Let me fill you in on this tasty treat!
This is another beauty adapted from Abel James’ “Fat Burning Man” plan. 🙂 I just adapted it a tiny bit to get it to the consistency I wanted…and a bit of cinnamon for some flavor boost.
So, here’s what you need:
- 6 Eggs
- 8 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 8-10 Tbsp Coconut Milk , or however much to get the thickness you desire
- 3 tsp raw honey, melted
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Coconut Oil For Pan
- 12 oz Frozen Red Raspberries
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
And here’s how you do it!
- Start your reduction first: Place raspberries in a sauce pan with water and bring to a boil. Add honey and simmer until pancakes are ready.
- Put the eggs, coconut flour, coconut milk, 3 tsp honey, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together till smooth. If needed, adjust amount of coconut milk. I started with 6 Tbsp coconut milk and felt it was way too thick, and added coconut milk a couple Tbsp at a time until I got a consistency that wouldn’t have left me with 2 inch thick pancakes haha.
- Heat a pan or griddle on medium heat (at the highest). Grease with coconut oil, and make sure the oil does not brown.
- Spoon batter into the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Keep a close eye on them because they don’t cook like normal pancakes, and they brown fast!!
- Top with raspberry reduction and enjoy!! Yummy!!!
Start your reduction. Place raspberries and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add honey, reduce to a simmer, and let it bubble until your pancakes are ready.
Mix together pancake ingredients.
Adjust until the correct consistency.
Heat a pan or griddle over medium heat, and coat with coconut oil. Spoon batter into pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
Top with raspberry reduction and DEVOUR the yumminess!
See our little brunch?! Coconut flour pancakes with raspberry reduction…home made breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, and fresh made carrot apple juice!! So much fun!