Also known as the best dang omelet I’ve ever made (or eaten) in my life!!
Some of you may remember my recent story about the horrifying breakfasts I found Mr. Rodgers making because he was rushed and going for protein and health content…completely ignoring the TASTE factor.
This omelet is another result of my horror and determination…horror that I had allowed him to eat that stuff that he was creating, and determination to give him his taste back!!
And boy! Did I ever nail it with this one!! Sorry, I don’t usually brag, I promise I’m not arrogant…just really excited, yay! Just so you know…all of this is coming from a person that traditionally doesn’t like omelets! So without further ado…
Here’s what you need:
- 2 Tbsp Grassfed Butter (Kerrygold)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 C Onion, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Italian Sausage Patties, Diced (Check out my homemade recipe!)
- About 1/3 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
- Squeeze of Basil Paste (or use fresh if you have it)
- 1/3 can Black Beans
- Salt and Pepper
- Avocado (For garnish)
And here’s how you do it:
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Melt half the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add in onion and sauté until transparent. Add garlic, stir, and sauté an additional 30 seconds or so.
- Add sausage patties, black beans, tomato sauce, and basil and stir, cooking for 2 minutes or so, until everything is heated through and the flavors can infuse a bit. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter in your pan over medium heat. Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk together, then dump in heated pan.
- Cook until starting to solidify most of the way in.
- Spoon as much filling as you can fit on one half of the egg “disk,” then fold the empty side over to make a little pocket!
- Carefully slide out of the pan onto your plate and garnish with sliced avocado. Eat and be amazed!! So much protein in one breakfast…AND so much flavor!! BOOM BABY!!