I am very proud of this side dish! If you can even call it that, because it is so wildly flavorful, texture-full, and satisfying!! And it came from my own brain!! I actually had a different direction that this was going to go, but they were missing some of the ingredients I desired (I am not going to tell you what, because maybe I will find it and try agin and it will be amazing too!!). So I grabbed a butternut squash. Why not?! Then I realized I had some pineapple leftover…and it all just came together!
Mr. Rodgers is madly in love with Brussels Sprouts. It baffles me since he is not big on veggies, except this one. And most people feel quite differently haha. I was never crazy about them growing up. Then I had them roasted and the rest is history! A true love story! ❤
Anywho. My love is even more deep now. So I would like to share with you…my best Brussels yet!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Carton Brussels Sprouts, Trimmed and Halved
- 1 Sm Butternut Squash, Peeled and Diced (Small!)
- 1/2 Large Pineapple, Diced
- 5 Tbsp Grassfed Butter
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- Prep your veggies! I always buy mine whole, but you can also get squash and pineapple pre-skinned and cut 🙂 Put squash and brussels in a bowl, saving the pineapple for later.
- Melt butter and honey in a microwave safe dish.
- Whisk in vinegar and garlic powder. Reserve a tablespoon or two of the “sauce” for later. Dump the rest over the brussels/squash and toss to coat.
- Pour brussels/squash onto a baking sheet (foil covered for easier clean up), and slide into your and bake about 25 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks, stir, and continue cooking 15-25 more minutes, until veggies are browned but tender in the middle!!
- Remove, sprinkle with reserved sauce, stir, and serve!! And make your family Brussels Believers! 😀