Yum! I have noticed something about myself. I cannot make a small salad. Or a boring one haha! They all end up huge, colorful, and ridiculously tasty!! I get so inspired when I make them, that I wanted to share some of that inspiration with you!
We have to eat on the go pretty often…I have to have meals ready in the fridge so we can get up and go in the mornings and not see home until midnight or so. The easiest and healthiest meal for this lifestyle is definitely salads! However, making them filling and satisfying is tricky, and so important because let’s just be honest here…if you aren’t full, you’ll binge. The best way I have found to do this is to CRAM as much protein in there that I can! It fills the tummy, satisfies the need for your molars to really chew on something, and gives you that meaty taste so you felt like you just ate a MEAL. So! Here’s my newest creation!
Here’s what you need (For a very large salad!):
- 3 Lg Chicken Breasts, Cut in half long ways
- 3 Eggs, Boiled
- 1 Package Turkey Bacon, Cooked
- 1 Lg Romaine Heart
- 2-3 Handfuls Baby Spinach
- 2-3 Handfuls Spring Mix
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Julienned
- 1/4 Head Purple Cabbage, Sliced
- 1/4 Red Onion, Sliced
- Handful Broccoli Sprouts
- 2 Carrots, Sliced
- 1/2 Head Broccoli, Cut into florets
- Salt, Pepper, and Favorite Poultry Seasonings
- Dressing of choice. I make mine out of olive oil, Dijon, lemon, and apple cider vinegar…maybe a little sour cream if I want it creamy or sriracha if I want an extra hit!
And here’s how you do it:
- Carefully halve your chicken breasts length wise and season generously. I used salt, pepper, rosemary, Mrs. Dash, garlic and onion. Place on a medium heat grill or grill pan and cook until done; 10 -15 minutes total, turning part way through.
- Get your eggs boiling and your bacon cooking!
- Rinse and prepare all your veggies accordingly and toss in a large bowl. (You can keep your avocados for the top if you want!)
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, slice eggs, and crumble bacon and put on top of the salad.
- Serve and dress!! So healthy, filling, and tasty!!!
Pretty easy, right?! Let’s see some pictures 🙂
Slice your chicken breasts in half and season generously.
Place on a medium heat grill and cook until done, about 10-15 minutes, turning at least once.
Get your eggs boiling and your bacon cooking.
Rinse and prepare all your veggies and put in a large bowl. Cut your chicken into bite sized pieces, slice your eggs, crumble your bacon, and add it to the salad.
Look at all that protein!! Yay! SO yummy! You can attack it as is…
…or toss it all together and devour that way!
So many veggies, flavors, colors, proteins…YAAAAAAAAAAY!!