YUMMYYYY! I made this on the same night as a salmon main dish. After Mr. Rodgers had cleared his plate, he asked for seconds. Of the Brussels Sprouts. Yeah. You know you made something special when the husband asks for more of the Brussels Sprouts instead of the salmon. Seriously. That’s cray cray.
I loved this too, because it was so super healthy, with the perfect twist of smoky, sweet, and acidic! Yummy! I love it when eating well tastes super delicious! You all know my theory on veggies…if you don’t like them, it’s probably because you don’t know how to make them shine!!! In one of my former Brussels Sprouts posts I had a whole paragraph about how Brussels Sprouts are like women. It was comical. And really deep. 😛
So, here’s what you need:
- 4 Pints Brussels Sprouts (1 Carton)
- 3-4 Pieces Turkey Bacon
- 1 Apple, Chopped into cubes
- Fresh Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Red Wine Vinegar
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Rinse, trim, and chop Brussels in half.
- Chop bacon into small strips. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and slide into the oven. Cook until just starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon from cookie sheet and set aside. Spread Brussels sprouts out on the same cookie sheet, salt and pepper, and slide back into the oven. Cook until starting to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add apple and toss a bit, slide back into the oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon back on, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with red wine vinegar, and toss. Taste and adjust to your preference. 🙂
What do you think?! Brussels sprouts with bacon?! Worth a try? You won’t regret it! 🙂
Preheat oven to 425* Cut bacon into small strips. Spread out in a single layer and cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.