This is an “omg” meal! Remember the Two Pepper Fritatta? That was really good. This one…is even better!! I’m usually not passionate about breakfast…but when I made this, I fell in love. And I rarely repeat recipes because I am so excited to try new ones that I don’t have time to do both. Not so with this one. Definitely have already made it twice. Definitely can’t wait to make it again. There is just something about turkey sausage…that makes me really happy! 🙂 As some of you may remember, I have realized that there is a certain way to make these…and if you get it just right…you are going to have a crispy, golden brown “crust” with a super fluffy wonderful inside! And of course…what could make it better than to top it with a little melty cheese? Have I peaked your interest? Read on, my friends….
Tweaked from perfectweightamerica.com.
Here’s what you need:
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz Cheddar Cheese (I use raw milk cheddar from Aldi)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 C Sour Cream
- 4 oz Turkey Sausage, not the links…the ground stuff in a roll 😉 (Try to find some without sugar!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (The sausage does most of the flavoring)
And here’s how you do it!!!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a CAST IRON SKILLET, or closest oven safe pan you have (but really…you should use the cast iron one), brown your turkey sausage. Remove and set aside.
- Whisk your eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Go light on the salt, cause sausage is salty. You can add salt later, you cannot take it away!! Make sure this part gets nice and fluffy looking 🙂
- Add your browned sausage to the egg mixture and mix it up.
- Melt the butter in your same cast iron skillet over medium heat. Let it get nice and warm!
- Pour in your egg mixture and let cook for 5-7 minutes…so that the edges are getting nice and set, but you aren’t burning its butt.
- Top with shredded cheese and plop in your 400 degree oven. Cook until the eggs are nice and fluffy but set, the cheese is melted, and the edges are getting brown. Probably another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve!! We ate it just as is and it was perfect! But feel free to top with what you like, ie some fresh herbs, hot sauce, sour cream, avocado, etc… Let your imagination have its way 🙂
Brown your turkey sausage in a cast iron skillet. CAST IRON SKILLET I SAY! Set aside 🙂
Eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk it till its smooth!
Add sausage to the fluffy mixture and stir in 🙂
Top with shredded cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. Tabby love cheese!
Plop into your oven for another 5-7 minutes, or until the middle isn’t runny any more, the sides are getting golden brown and crispy, and your cheese is melty!
Yeah baby!!! Don’t you just want to dive in to that beauty?! Mmmm!!
Sausaaaaaaage! Thank you Jesus!! 🙂
SO delicious! I seriously love sausage. And the mixture of the fluffy and crispy…I can barely stand it!!! In a good way of course. This is FANTASTIC with a nice refreshing fruit smoothie!! Perfect breakfast 🙂 Enjoy!! Let me know if anyone tries it 🙂