So from here on out I wanted to only post healthy recipes…at least for a long time! Buuuut I had promised you all that I would add pictures of the process to this post, and it is so delicious it is worth it! I don’t want you to miss this!! The most heavenly Sweet Potato Cassarole EVER. So here’s pictures for ya!
So, here’s what you need:
- 3 C Mashed Yams
- 3/4 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 C Canned Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 C Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the topping:
- 3/4 C Butter, melted
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Corn Flakes, Crushed
- 1/2 C Pecans, Chopped
And here’s how you do it!!
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix together yams, butter, milk, and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add spices and vanilla.
- Pour into greased baking dish and slide in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 400* and bake 5 more minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Add topping and bake until pecans look toasted but NOT BURNT!! 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!!!
I see on the original here that it can even be made the day before…just warm up in the oven, put the topping on, and heat!! 🙂
Pretty easy, huh?! You gotta try this!! Let me know what you think!!
Peel and chop your sweet taters.
Boil until tender, just like you were making normal mashed potatoes. It will probably take 20 plus minutes, just because sweet potatoes are more firm.
And mash! I use my stand mixer, it makes them uber creamy!
Now add the rest of the ingredients…
Pour into a greased casserole dish…
Slide in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 400* and bake 5 more minutes, or until set in the middle. (It usually takes mine a bit longer than that.)
While waiting, combine your topping ingredients.
Sprinkle on top and bake 5-10 minutes, until it is browned but not burned.
And there ya go!! SO DELICIOUS!!
Yummy yummy yummy!!