…my true blog gave to me a REAL and simple fudge recipe!!
So, here’s the deal. I’ve never been brave enough to make fudge myself. Everyone made it sound so hard to get it just right. And I’ve never been the hugest fudge fan. Well. Then my mother in law made her famous fudge (that literally people all over town BEG for her to make every year! She’s famous!!). She made 4 different kinds: Peanut Butter, Butterscotch, Milk Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate Walnut. She was so excited for us to taste them, so I obliged. And fell in love. Especially with the dark chocolate Walnut. Oh. m. g. SO GOOD!! And my husband, a proud son, went on to explain to me that no one makes fudge like his mom, and that she always gets the texture just right and any one else who tries can’t even compare. I’ve never really tried any one else’s fudge, but it was so good that I have no reason to doubt him!! SO since I have been posting so many recipes and traditions from MY family’s side, I decided it was time to share something from his side!! And what better than Lorri’s fudge perfection?!
The secret is out. You can now make the perfect fudge. Join me!! (PS…as I look at the recipe…it doesn’t sound like it’s too scary to make!! I have hope!! Maybe I will join her next year!!!)
So, here’s what you need:
- 5 C Sugar
- 10 oz Evaporated Milk
- 24 oz Flavored Chips of Choice (ie…dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc…your choice!!)
- 1 Lg Container Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 Stick Butter or Margarine
- Dash of Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
And here’s how you do it: (For about 5 lbs!!)
- Mix sugar, evaporated milk, fluff, butter, and salt in a large sauce pan over medium high heat, until it starts to boil
- Gently boil for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and chips. Stir until smooth. Add nuts if desired.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and pour fudge into it. Spread evenly and let set up for about two hours!!
- Cut into squares, serve, and wow the crowd!!
Yum. Doesn’t that make you hungry? I wish I could eat some right now…but it’s all gone. *Single tear* Alright, there you go my friends, happy fudge-ing!!