One of my sweet little employees came to me about a month ago and told me that she was taking charge of her diet and wanting to start a healthy lifestyle!! And then she began to tell me about these cute little egg cups she was making that helped her start her day off right. I had seen them on Pinterest but never tried them. However, as she continued to go on and on for several days about just how yummy they are…I decided heck…I gotta try. Especially since I have a VERY hard time getting myself to eat breakfast! I am prone to choose 10 extra minutes of sleep over making breakfast. Which is dumb because 10 minutes of sleep won’t help much…but eating breakfast will haha! However, now if I take the time to make a batch of these at the beginning of the week, I don’t have to choose! Cause all I have to do is warm a couple of these guys up and I can down them in 60 seconds flat…and have healthy energy for my day! PERFEEEECT!
Adapted from fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody!!
So, here is what you need for just 6 Bites (I was running low on eggs, so feel free to double it or more!)
- 6 pieces turkey bacon, (Optional. I made half of mine with, half without…and both were gloriously wonderful. The bacon ones had the added salt and smoky flavor…but the non-bacon ones had a delightful flakey brown crust of sorts.)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt (For a creamy factor, and to stretch it if you are low on eggs like I was!)
- 2 Tbsp Cubes Sharp Cheddar Cheese (Grated would work too. I just like the cute little cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of your favorite herb or seasoning (Optional. I think I may have added just a sprinkling of Mrs. Dash or something similar)
- Dash of Sriracha…..also optional, but come on, Sriracha is wonderful!
- 1 Tbsp(ish) of butter
- Mini Muffin Pan
And here’s how you do it (easy peasy):
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- Put your bacon in a pan just for a couple of minutes until it is starting to brown and crisp but is still bendy. This step is optional but a lot of the commenters recommended it 🙂
- Whisk together your eggs, yogurt, cheese, salt, pepper, sriracha, and seasonings of choice until nice and creamy.
- Smear butter on the inside of all the little muffin cups you will be using.
- Wrap bacon around the inside of your cups if you are using it.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cups until about 3/4 full.
- Slide into your oven and bake until golden brown and not jiggly. Check around 20 minutes, but may take up to 30. 🙂
- Enjoy the ease and deliciousness of healthy breakfast habits!!
Preheat your oven to 350, and get your bacon started! Toss it in a pan for a few minutes until just starting to brown and crisp up but still pliable. You can also crank some fresh pepper on it as you do so. Peppered bacon is my new favorite!!
Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the butter) in a bowl…
And whisk until smooth…
Smear butter around in the every muffin cup you will be using. Wrap bacon inside the cups if you are going that route (again, with and without are both fantastic, I don’t think I could pick a favorite!) Fill each cup 3/4 full with the egg mixture.
Slide into preheated oven and bake until browned and no longer jiggly. Start checking it at 20 minutes, but it could take up to 30.
See what I mean about the lightly browned, flakey crust on those guys?
But then, who can really resist bacon….?
I have an idea…how bout you make some, and let me know what YOU like better? 🙂