I am falling in love with taking normal “staple” foods, and finding new unusual ways to make them. Healthier ways. Veggie-filled ways 😀 So apparently, cauliflower is a miracle food. You know how many gluten free, healthy alternatives you can make with it? Rice, mashed “potatoes,” breadsticks, and this gem…pizza crust!!!! Whaaaaat? Yes. Yes it’s true. And it is so wonderful. And you can’t even tell. Yummmm. What an adventure…and a joy. Because you have no guilt, you feel good, and your taste buds are doing a happy dance 🙂
Note: You can halve this! I doubled the original recipe so I could make a nice big pizza. Just make sure if you make a large batch like this one…you spread it thin enough so it’s crispy 🙂
Adapted from http://www.damyhealth.com.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 C Grated Cauliflower (about 1/2 a large head of cauliflower)
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 1 1/2 – 2 C Mozzarella, Shredded (Original would call for 2. I was trying to cut down on cheese as much as possible, so I did about 1 3/4 C)
- 1-2 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce
- Handful of parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp Pizza Seasoning (Or Italian Seasoning, or Oregano, Basil, etc…)
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Grate your cauliflower! You can use a hand grater…or if you are lucky like me, you can throw chunks of it into the grating attachment of your KitchenAid.
- Put your grated cauliflower in a pan over medium heat and cook until it gets translucent.
- Meanwhile, put everything else in a food processor and blend well.
- Mix cooked cauliflower and mixture from your food processor together in a bowl. This is your dough!
- Spread the dough out thinly on a pizza stone, parchment paper (NOT WAX PAPER!), or a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Put in your oven and bake for 25-35 minutes. You want it to be set up all the way through, and a little brown crispy-ness on the edges is wonderful!
- Top with your favorite toppings, and toss under the broiler to get everything to warm, melty perfection 🙂
Spread real thin on a pizza stone, parchment paper, or greased or lined cookie sheet. Mine turned out great, but next time I will spread it even thinner 🙂
Yummmy! Now top with cooked toppings, warm up in the broiler, and devour! Stay tuned….next time I will be sharing with you my toppings of choice…which made for one stinking incredible, guilt free pizza!!!!! YEAH! What toppings are you going to try?