Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. This is one of those recipes I repinned a long time ago, thinking “Gosh I want to make that, but there are multiple things in it that I shouldn’t have…” with a determination in the back of my mind somewhere to make it my own, and make it healthier. I am so proud of me for finally carrying through!! So delicious. I really should have eaten lunch before typing this. Ugh. I want it nooooow. I wish the pictures did it justice, because it was super tasty. I mean, come on, how can an artichoke cream sauce NOT be, haha?! Enough talking. Let’s get down to business, yo.
Adapted from tasteofhome.com.
So, here’s what you need:
- 4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Herbamare (or salt) and Pepper to taste.
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Gluten Free Flour (or the healthiest flour substance you have)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- About 14 oz Artichoke Hearts, quartered (Drained)
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan, shredded
- 2 Tbsp fresh Basil, minced
- 2 Tbsp White Wine or Chicken Broth
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season your chicken breasts with Herbamare (or salt) and Pepper.
- Melt coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Brown chicken for a few minutes on each side. You want to get a nice brown color on them!!
- Squeeze juice of one lemon over breasts and slide chicken into preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through (juices run clear.)
- Now start your sauce! Melt your butter or Ghee in a pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, just about 60 seconds or so.
- Whisk in flour to create a paste, then slowly add the almond milk. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer until thickened to your desired consistency.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (including juice of about half a lemon), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot chicken breasts. Enjoy the creamy, decently healthy goodness!!!
Season chicken with Herbamare (or salt) and Pepper
Melt coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat
Add chicken and cook a few minutes on each side, making sure you get a nice brown sear on both sides.
Slide chicken into preheated oven and cook until done, check at 20 minutes.
Now start your sauce! Melt about 2 Tbsp of butter or Ghee in a pot over medium heat.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, only about 60 seconds…make sure you don’t burn it! I have a terrible habit of burning garlic!
Whisk in flour until you have a paste…
Slowly add almond milk, whisking continuously, until well incorporated. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it thickens to the consistency you desire.
Add the rest of the ingredients, including the juice of about half a lemon! Yummmmm…you are going to enjoy this…
Now that is a cream sauce!! Spoon it generously over your chicken and devour!!!
Fantastic!! Let me know what you thought!!!