These are a few of my favorite thiiiiings!! Avocadoes…stuffed inside a big beefy burger?! How is this madness even possible?! And yet…I have tasted it…and it is good! SO GOOD!
Now…I know it is fall. (I can no longer deny it!). But there are still beautiful avocadoes in the stores, at least where I am! And in my opinion…burgers are NOT just a summer food, especially for paleo eaters! They are simple, they are satisfying…and they can be made just as easily inside. So don’t you give up on burgers just because of the chill in the air!
Now if I am being honest, I was a little apprehensive when I made these. It is just such a different idea. Then to top it off, I was making them while my “little” brother was here. (I say “little” because he has been bigger than me since I was in like…5th grade). That being said…I was even more nervous because I wasn’t just trying this out on Mr. Rodgers! A funny thing about growing up is that when your family visits…you want them to see how good you are at being domestic. 😉 However, as Jesse and I both took our first bite…we looked at each other with glee and dove in to the rest! It was creamy, tangy, and had that great satisfying burger essence that everyone loves.
This recipe is every so slightly adapted from the wonderful Caveman Feast app, thanks to Abel James!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lb Ground Beef (Preferably grass-fed)
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Mrs. Dash (I am kinda addicted to this stuff)
- 1 lemon (or lime!) with zest
- 1 C Sundried Tomatoes, chopped (removed from oil)
- Bacon fat (optional to drizzle over the top at the end)
And here’s how you do it:
- Put your beef in a bowl, and season with salt, pepper, lemon zest, and Mrs. Dash. Combine.
- Form beef mixture into an even number of very thin patties…you will be using two per burger!
- Mash your avocadoes in a bowl with the sundried tomatoes, juice of 1/2 the lemon, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto half of the burger patties so that you still have an edge that you can seal. Top with another patty, and seal the edges together with your fingers all the way around.
- Grill burgers about 6 minutes per side. I did this inside with a grill pan and it worked great!! This is where you have the option to drizzle bacon fat over them…which I totally would have done if I had any bacon fat on me!
Doesn’t that sounds soooooo good?!
Season your beef…
And form into an even number of very thin patties!!
Mix together avocado filling ingredients to make yourself a nice tangy guac!
Mix mix mix!
Place avocado mixture in middle of half your burgers, leaving edges to seal…
And drape the other patties on top, sealing the edges well with your fingers.
Then grill about 6 minutes per side! Obviously, I made these super easily inside on a grill pan!
And they turned out beautifully!
See that avocado trying to ooze out there?! Sooo delicious!
Serve how you desire! We had it on a nice big romaine leaf with the extra filling on the side.
I hope you enjoy! What do you like stuffing in burgers?