Coleslaw. I thought I hated it. But over the last few years, my adoration for cabbage has grown and grown. I now can barely make a salad or stir fry without it! But cabbage is not the ONLY thing I was convinced I despised that I have changed my mind about as of late. The other ingredient never absent from my salads? Spicy brown mustard!! Never make a vinaigrette without it!
Why am I telling you this?
Because…I found a recipe for Three Cabbage Slaw with Honey Mustard Dressing! And I just HAD to try it. Turns out…I LOVE COLESLAW!!
Hallelujah, who knew?! 🙂
Now this recipe was adapted from another one of my awesome cook book finds!! This was a thrift store gem!! See?
Slightly old school (I was 8 when it came out!)…but tons of good stuff crammed in here…and the recipes are easily adapted to different health standards. 🙂
So…let’s get down to it!!
Here’s what you need:
- 3 C Red Cabbage, Shredded
- 3 C Green Cabbage, Shredded
- 2 C Napa Cabbage, Shredded
- 4 Carrots, Shredded
- 3 Scallions, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 C Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp Raw Honey, Melted
- 2-3 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard, depending on tastes
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- Prepare your veggies…get a-shreddin! Put them all together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the rest of the ingredients, drizzle over the veggie mixture, and toss to coat.
- Taste, and adjust to your liking. And you’re done. Easy peasy! And delicious!
Yeah baby!! Let me know how you like it!! 🙂 🙂 🙂