This was so fun! I rarely do cold side dishes, but now I am thinking I should do them more often! Not to mention…I am in LOVE with chickpeas! And there are tons of benefits in lentils! And Mr. Rodgers loves curry! Basically I am saying…this is a win win win WINNNN! Such an explosion of flavors and textures! Great!
So here’s what you need:
- 1 Can Chick Peas (Garbanzos), or about 2 C boiled dried
- 1 Can Lentils, or about 2 C boiled dried
- 1/2 C Red Onion, Minced
- 3/4 C Celery, Diced
- 3/4 C Colored Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 2-3 tsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it! (It’s REALLLY hard <–sarcasm!)
- In a bowl, combine chick peas, lentils, and veggies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the “dressing” over the bean/veggie mix, and stir to coat. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper. Eat and enjoy!
Stir together beans and veggies.
Mix together your “dressing” ingredients.
Drizzle dressing over veggie mixture and stir to coat.
Put in something pretty!
Serve along side some yummy protein! This is beside some amazing ribs…that I am crying inside because I didn’t write down my recipe for and can’t remember 😥 Woe is me! But! That’s okay because at least we got this fantastic side dish!!