Wings. The best comfort food known to man. But usually something we can only eat on “indulgence days.” Well. Thanks to the inspiration of justapinch.com…that is no longer the case! These crazy delicious, crispy, garlicky wings are paleo approved…and most DEFINITELY man-approved. Mr. Rodgers has been asking for them since I made them…he acted almost surprised and horrified when he found out they weren’t on the plan the next week. So, to make him happy, I planned them this week haha!
So here ya go, guilt-free chicken wings!!
Here’s what you need:
- 4-6 lbs Chicken Wings
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- Few shakes of Mrs. Dash (Optional…that was my addition because I can’t seem to make anything without it!)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Sticks Grassfed Butter (That’s 12 Tbsp if you’re using Kerrygold that isn’t in traditional “sticks”)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced (Confession, I used 3 tsp of the minced garlic from a jar!! Don’t judge me!)
- Tsp Parsley Paste (or your favorite herb)
- 3-4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
And here’s how you do it:
- Make a dry rub with all of the dry spices, and sprinkle the wings so they are all coated. (Note- the original says to toss the wings with olive oil first! If you are okay with heating olive oil, then go for it! It will add to the crispiness! I just know there is some controversy on the issue of heating olive oil) Place in your fridge and let set for a few hours, so the flavors will infuse and the skin will crisp up.
- Heat your oven to 450*. Place the wings on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 30-45 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 10-15 minutes, until the wings are cooked through and getting crisp.
- Melt your butter in a small pan, add garlic and stir about a minute. Whisk in lemon juice and parsley.
- Baste wings generously on both sides and return to the oven until the wings are crisped to your tastes, ensuring that the garlic does not burn. We like ours very crispy!!
Eat and enjoy!! Yayyyyy for wings!! Let me know what you think!
Make your spice rub!
Lay out your wings (make sure they are nice and dry!)
Sprinkle them generously with your rub…get both sides! Let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Cook for 30-45 minutes and flip, cooking an additional 10-15 (until they are starting to get browned and crispy.) Start your sauce by melting the butter…
Add the garlic and cook a minute or so, then whisk in lemon and parsley.
Generously baste the wings and replace in oven until browned to your tastes…we like ours really brown! Just watch that the garlic doesn’t burn!
Oh yeah baby! Perfection!
These didn’t last long in our house!
Isn’t that the most beautiful plate of joy you’ve ever seen?
Try them out and let me know what you think!