My new favorite side dish! Yay!! I have loved roasted cauliflower for some time now. But to add chickpeas…and then smother it in a tangy (but not too spicy) Dijon sauce…perfection! I didn’t know I could love a side dish this much, ahhhh! It’s taking all my self control not to make it over and over again! That’s the hard thing about being a blogger. There aren’t enough days in a week to discover new recipes for your followers and still repeat all your favorites.
But anyways. Back to my love for this dish. The wonderful thing is, it’s got a version of my home made salad dressing in it!!So I get the flavors I love, but in a different way. A warm, comforting way! Thank you for the idea, thewheatlesskitchen.com!
Enough talk! Here’s what you need!
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Can Chickpeas (15 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil or Melted Grass Fed Butter
- 1.5 Tbsp Vinegar (Husband loves Red Wine, I love Apple Cider!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Your favorite fresh herb for garnish
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 400*
- Prep your ingredients…rinse your cauli and cut it into florets, drain and rinse your chickpeas, etc.
- Coat your cauli and chickpeas with 1 Tbsp of your oil or butter substance of choice. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for about 45 minutes, turning a few times to get everything nice and evenly browned. (Brown is good!)
- While you wait, whisk together the rest of the ingredients.
- When cauliflower and chickpeas are tender inside and have a nice crisp brown on the outside, take them out and toss with the sauce. Serve hot along side a protein and listen to all the happy tummies at your table! Yay!!
I wish the pictures did this justice!
Chopped Cauliflower and chickpeas getting ready to roast in a 400* oven!
When cooked, return to a bowl…
Dump on the sauce…
And stir till it’s all coated!
This went perfectly with the flavor of this Spicy Almond Burger!