Weird, right? Almonds…in a burger? I thought it sounded weird too, when I first red that in a “Caveman Feast” recipe! But…when something sounds weird…I usually have to try it! Plus, as some of you may recall…Mr. Rodgers is crazy about almonds. So really, I didn’t have a choice. As soon as I read it, I knew that almond burgers were in our future!
No, these are not burgers made solely of almonds. They are normal, yummy, beef-filled burgers with almonds in them!
I was so surprised at how much I loved them! Yes, there was still a bit of a crunch, but not a hurt your teeth, “this is awkward in the middle of tender beef” sort of crunch. The heat softened them ever so slightly so that it was the perfect texture addition! And the flavor was great too! I changed the original just ever so slightly to add a couple new flavors…and I must say the end result was beautiful. Sooooo…
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb Grass Fed Beef
- 1/2 C Raw Almonds
- 3-4 Jalapenos
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Green Onions, Minced
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, Minced
And here’s how you do it!
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until they are just a little bigger than the size you want…I would go for a rough minced” sort of texture, like I usually leave my garlic at.
- Add your garlic and jalapenos and pulse again until everything is blended.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and form into 4-6 even patties. I always put an indentation in the middle to help them not shrivel.
- Grill or pan fry over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Top as you wish…lettuce, cucumbers, condiments, etc… But really the fantastic flavor stands on it’s own!
Let me know what you think of burgers with almonds in them! Yummy!
Almonds, garlic, and jalapeno minced, and cilantro and green onion chopped and added…
Everything else added….
Formed into patties…
Grilling grilling grilling (that’s my thermometer in the back one…I promise I’m not making a burger lollipop)
Don’t they look amazing with those grill line?!
And here is one beside my new favorite cauliflower side dish that I just can’t wait to tell you about! And those pesto green beans I shared with you not too long ago! We had a wonderfully complete meal!
Yay for fun ways to spice up burgers!!!