I have been meaning to make these for a very long time! But if you read my last post, you know that the requirement for fresh herbs and the effort it takes to make pesto has always caused me to put it off till “next time” because I live a busy life and run out of time or my herbs go bad.
But I have finally hacked the system! Check out my Super Easy Cheater Pesto post to see how I can now make really fast pesto!
I finally made pesto green beans! Happy dance!! They were full of flavor, and something new on the veggie front!!
So, here’s what you need!
- 1/4 – 1/2 C Pesto (Depending on how “saucy” you like it. Baha.)
- 1 Small Onion, Cut into chunks
- 1 lb Green Beans, Cleaned and Trimmed
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it!!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place green beans and onions in a bowl. Drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Slide into your pre heated oven and cook until teder crisp and starting to brown, about 15 minutes or so. Just keep an eye on ’em.
- When browned and tender crisp, remove from oven, return to a bowl, and toss with pesto. Serve and enjoy!
Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper!
Roast until starting to brown and tender crisp!
Put back in a bowl and add pesto.
Toss to coat!
And enjoy! Yummy! I had a bowl of this for a quick lunch!!