Grilling. It’s summer at its finest. All the smells as you drive down the sunny streets. That unmistakeable scent, laced with the fresh cut grass, that makes your tummy grumble until you fire up your own barbecue just to appease it. It’s one of my favorite things in the world! It always has been!! There is something else that is one of my favorite things in the world, but is a new addition. Dijon.
I used to not be a fan. So spicy! But since turning our health corner, I have realized that mustard is one of the very few condiments the Rodgers can keep around! And slowly I have bee falling in love. Those who know me can attest to the fact that I rarely have a salad dressing without dijon mixed in! And so…I have started working it into all sorts of things!
And so this beauty was born! It was kind of one of those Amelia Bedelia (if you know that reference, you are awesome) recipes, where you just start throwing in a little bit of this, and a little bit of that…so my measurements are approximate, please feel free to adjust how you see fit! 🙂
So, here’s what you need:
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Butter, softened
- 1 Small Green Onion
- Squeeze of cilantro paste (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp Herb of choice (I believe I used thyme or herbs de provence)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast
And here’s how you do it!
- Preheat Grill over medium.
- Place all ingredients (other than chicken) into a small food processor and pulse until everything is combined and creamy.
- Place chicken on grill. Baste with sauce and cook until done (internal temp to at least 170* to be safe), turning at least once and basting other side.
SO EASY! And delicious to eat as-is, or chopped on a salad!! Yummy! I hope you enjoy!!
Place all sauce ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until combined and creamy.
And grill them suckers!! YUM! This was so garlicky and tangy and amazing! I wish I had some right now!!
Pile o’ chicken!
See my cute little puppy hoping I’ll drop a scrap? Adorable little stinker!!