Ohhhh yum! I made this a few weeks ago, and put it on the menu for this week as well. However, I am saving it for one of the last meals because it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients that can go bad, unlike the other meals I have planned. Well, Mr. Rodgers saw it on the menu and has been asking every couple days “WHEN CAN WE HAVE MEATBALLS?!”
That’s a good sign that this is a winner. And you know what’s so great about it? It’s super easy. Aside from cooking the spaghetti squash, I had done the prep with other meals. Allow me to explain.
Remember that amazingly yummy Saucy Paleo Pot Roast I posted about earlier? And I told you to throw that extra sauce in a tupperware and freeze it? Yeah. Meatball sauce. Check. It worked PERFECTLY!
And remember that home made sausage recipe I rave about? Yeah. Double batch. Make half into patties, half into balls. Cook the sausage for your breakfast and toss the balls into a ziploc raw and put in your freezer. Meatballs. BAM!
Easy peasy, and delicious. And healthy! And apparently…it makes husbands really happy. Can’t get better than that!
So, here’s what you need:
- Leftover sauce from Saucy Paleo Pot Roast (Or create your own, but seriously….its so easy this way!)
- Home made sausage, formed into balls instead of patties (Probably about half a recipe, unless you want lots of meatballs!)
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
And here’s how you do it!
- Put a soup pot on your stove, and dump your left over roast sauce into it. Mine was frozen, so I just plopped my block of sauce in there, turned it on medium, put the lid on, and let it do its thing.
- Preheat your oven to 375*. Pierce your spaghetti squash all over, place on a pan, and cook for about an hour, until it is tender to the touch. I find it helps to roll it at least once through the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, when sauce has melted and is bubbly, dump in your meatballs. My meatballs were also frozen! Cover and let simmer at least 30 minutes, or until your squash is done. Make sure it isn’t up too high so you don’t burn the sauce.
- Remove squash from oven, cut in half, and scoop out seeds. Use a fork to remove flesh in strands.
- Put squash on a plate and smother with your meatballs and sauce!! And devour!! So flavorful and satisfying, hallelujah!
Place sauce into pot over medium heat and begin melting. Get your squash cooking at the same time!
Yay bubbling sauce! Reduce to a simmer and add meatballs, letting cook at least half an hour, or until squash is ready!
When squash is tender, remove from oven. Carefully cut in half and remove seeds.
Scrape flesh out in strands and place in a bowl.
Smother in sauce and meatballs, and DEVOUR! Doesn’t that look amazing?! It was just so tasty!! I hope you enjoy this easy idea on how to prep for multiple meals at once and feed your family a super nutritious meal!