Yes. I know. I got accused of being weird again with this one. Sometimes it gets interesting being a 24 year old that eats healthy food substitutions. We’ll get teased now and then as our friends wonder why in the world we would eat mashed cauliflower when we could have mashed potatoes, or why we drink those bright green smoothies when we could get free fruit smoothies any time from my job. But my husband…is amazing. For one, he has turned a corner. Mr. Rodgers has put his foot down and decided to change his life so that he can live long and live well. Sure, we still have one “indulgence” day a week, but his passion fuels me. And his love to research helps too so we know the affects of potatoes and such things on your body!!
And so…we eat mashed cauliflower. Garlicky mashed cauliflower in fact. And I must tell you, I barely miss the potatoes. I have simply fallen in love with cauliflower. You can do so much with it. The flavor is fantastic in so many different ways and styles. And it’s one “white” thing that is actually good for you! I have multiple plans for it this week that I can’t wait to share with you!!!!
But back to this super easy, super comforting, super yummy creamy garlicky deliciousness.
Garlicky Mashed Cauliflower.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Lg Head Cauliflower
- 3-5 Tablespoons Grass Fed Butter (Healthy Fat! And creamy deliciousness!)
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 C Almond Milk (Or so!)
- Salt and Pepper (Be generous!)
And here’s how you do it!
- Rinse cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add cauliflower, boiling for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain cauliflower and dump into a food processor.
- Add butter first so that it melts. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and pulse a few times until combined.
- Slowly add almond milk a little at a time, pulsing, until you get just the right creamy consistency that makes you happy! Taste and adjust as needed, I always play with a little more of this, a little more of that. Just like Amelia Badelia! Any one? Eh?
- Serve along side your favorite meat dish…for example, a tasty pot roast!
Peectures of the simple process 🙂
Butter, salt, pepper, garlic, cauliflower…heaven?
Creaaaaaaaamy! See how I tasted it to make sure it was perfect? Haha.
Make this. Do it. I want some right now!!