I considered titling this “The Most Interesting Burger You’ll Ever Eat.” For real! The whole time I was prepping and cooking these guys, I was so intrigued and excited to try the outcome! And I must tell you, I was not disappointed! In fact, I was snapping photos and sending them to all my foodie family members back in Washington because I was so enjoying this creative, out of the ordinary recipe! As you can probably guess, this goes hand in hand with the Strawberry Salsa recipe I gave you earlier this week! I’m too excited to say anything else…let’s get down to business!! (Insert manly voice…to defeat the Huns, HYEAH!) <— If you understood that reference, you are my new best friend.
Adapted from Abel James, The Fat Burning Man:
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 C Strawberry, Diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Flax Meal
- Handful Fresh Spinach, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper
And here’s how you do it:
- In a large bowl, combine strawberry, onion, garlic, and spinach.
- Add in turkey, egg, almond flour, flax meal, salt and pepper. Mix it all together until combined.
- Form into patties.
- Heat a small amount of grass fed butter in the bottom of a cast iron skillet, medium heat. Place patties in skillet and cook for about 8 minutes per side, covering at least the first 8 minutes. You can also attempt a grill, that was the original method but it was cold outside the day I made these. 🙂
- Top with Strawberry Salsa and enjoy your impressively creative meal!!
Place spinach, strawberry, onion, and garlic in a large bowl…
Add almond flour, flax meal, egg, salt, and pepper.
Form into 4-5 patties.
Place into lightly greased cast iron skillet, cover and cook for 8 minutes, flip and cook 8 more minutes.
Top with strawberry salsa and enjoy!!!