And yes, if you are wondering…it is still flipping delicious without the pork. In fact…I lost count of how many times Mr. Rodgers was going on about how much he loved this sausage, and even that it is the best sausage he has ever had. And he wasn’t just saying that because he had to be nice to me. Because he made it!! Yes, it’s true, my husband is pretty good in the kitchen too. I fall more in love with him every day 😛
This is one of the first recipes we have tried and adapted from our journey with the Fat Burning Man (Abel James.) I must say, so far I am impressed with his recipes!! Pretty darn tasty. I am hopeful for my healthy future. You gotta love it when health is not a sacrifice in the taste department. 😀 Can I get an Amen?!
So, back to our sausage. Yummmmm. (P.S…we ate this for dinner a time or two as well. It probably shouldn’t be called Breakfast Sausage. It’s more like an “Any Time of Day Sausage Cause Once You Try It You Will Crave It All Times Of Day.” But I guess that would be a mouthful, eh? Recipe!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 lb Ground Beef (Preferably Grass Fed Of Course)
- 1/4 C Almond Flour
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (Home made! Equal parts marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil. I did a tsp of each and it was about 2 Tbsp.) <– You really should make your own. It’s amazing.
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Red Pepper Flakes To Taste (Optional…I like a kick and love the flavor!)
- Hot Sauce for Garnish
And here’s how you do it!
- Pretty easy. Mix everything but the hot sauce in a bowl. Get your hands in there and get messy! Mix till well combined.
- Form into sausage-sized patties, about 12 of them. These can be easily frozen and used for quick breakfasts!
- Melt Ghee into a large pan over medium heat. Cook patties until browned and cooked all the way through. Obviously since there is chicken in these bad boys you want to make sure they are done!
- Now serve! Or freeze and be prepared so the pop tarts don’t tempt you in the morning! 😉
Peectures, taken by the one and only Mr. Rodgers!!
Throw it all in a bowl (minus the hot sauce, that’s for later!)
Make yourself some pretty little patties!
Melt your Ghee in a large pan over medium heat.
Toss in your patties…
Flip when nice and browned and continue cooking until both sides are browned and sausage is cooked alllllllllll the way through.
And put on a plate with some hot sauce and devour! You may never go back to normal sausage!! Have to love that there are no mystery ingredients in this!
Yum! Now I’m hungry. Hope you love it guys!! Anyone else have good sausage recipes?!