Did you read my last post? The Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper post? Well if you didn’t, you should…cause it may rock your world. And if you did…then you may remember me mentioning that you will have left over stuffing for other recipes.
What I didn’t tell you is that I would be providing you with one of said recipes!! This was delicious and I was so glad I thought of it!! And super easy. I’m usually not a huge fan of omelets, but the heartiness and flavor of this one won me over.
So, here’s what you need!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Greek Yogurt
- About 1/4 C Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper Filling
- Small amount of butter or oil for cooking
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Small amount of parmesan or cheddar
- Toppings of choice: sour cream, Frank’s Hot Sauce (Mr. Rodgers’), Sriracha (Mrs. Rodgers’), green onions, salsa, more cheese…whatever!
And here’s how you do it!
- Whisk eggs together with Greek Yogurt.
- Heat butter or oil in a pan and dump in your eggs.
- When eggs are starting to solidify and you have a little color on the underside, spread half with the quinoa mixture.
- Fold over and top with cheese, allow to melt a bit.
- Gently slide out of the pan onto your plate and top however you please! Easy as that!!
Whisk eggs together with greek yogurt (this makes them a little extra creamy!)
Melt butter or oil in a pan over medium heat and pour in your eggs.
Grab your leftovers…
When beginning to solidify and under side is starting to brown, spread quinoa mixture over half the eggs
Fold over (you don’t have to get yours as brown as mine…I like the crispy flakiness it gives but this is totally up to you! It’s also cause my butter browned before I dumped the egg in there haha!)
Sprinkle lightly with some cheese of your choice and let it melt slightly…
Gently slide out of the pan onto your plate and top however you choose…obviously this is mine, cause it has Sriracha on it 😀
And here is Mr. Rodgers’ with sour cream and Frank’s, next to a lovely cup of Lemon Blueberry Oat Bran I also mixed up. This was his breakfast in bed. Such a lucky man ;P Haha just kidding. He spoils me more often than I do him. I just love him with all my little heart.
ANYWAYS! Food! Omelets!! Let me know how you like it!