…my true blog gave to me…a REALLY late Christmas recipe!!
We are back in business folks!! Good gracious I am sorry for my silence! The past week and half have felt like absolute madness! Between an ice storm and all the adventure that surrounds that, throwing a Graduation party for a friend, an Ugly Sweater party at work, being the only shift leader and manager for 2 weeks, Christmas itself, and trying desperately to hold together my disaster of a house and still spend quality time with my sweet husband…I’ve been a bit frazzled! But I’m back!! I missed you all!!!
I felt like such a failure with this whole 12 Days of Christmas thing I started and didn’t finish. I wanted to curl up in a ball and pout because I don’t like failing…I like finishing what I start!! However, when I expressed my disappointment to my lovely Sister in Law, Dani, she informed me of something…APPARENTLY the advent and “12 Days of Christmas” season continues till January 6th!!! So, I’ve decided to stop my pouting and do my best to get my last 6 posts out before then!! So…here we go!!
I figured it was time to finally share with you the beauty of this recipe with you. It is a LEGEND. For real. We have people that…after tasting these…make them ALL the time. In fact, one friend in particular will buy all the supplies and bring them to my parents house and make them with my mom…they will be the only food needed at our parties!
On top of that, it seems that every holiday party has some form of warm yummy rolls. Once you try these, you will forsake all other breads and make these every chance you get!! Oh, and did I mention that these are easy and I have been making them since elementary school? Anyone can do it!! And the family will love them. Whenever mom made them, I would sit down and before anyone had a chance to speak I would ask (with much concern) “HOW MANY BISCUITS CAN I HAVE?!” My brother Judah and I would have competitions to see how many we could!!
So, here’s what you need for one batch (you’ll want to make more than that)!
- 1 Tube Pillsbury Biscuits (The small ones…the kind that pops when you peel it!)
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Powdered Parmesan
- Dill Weed
And here’s how you do it:
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees (or whatever is recommended on the tube of biscuits you are using).
- Put the butter in a (preferably metal) 9 inch cake pan. Slide it into your oven while it preheats so that it melts.
- As soon as butter gets sizzling and just starting to brown, take it out of the oven. Sprinkle a very generous amount of garlic powder on the surface of the butter so that you have a garlic layer.
- Open your biscuits and one by one place the biscuit in the butter, swish it around, then flip it over and swish again so that both sides have a coating of garlic butter.
- Shake a layer of parmesan on top of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle a touch of dill weed on top…really you can do this to taste, I like a decent amount but I know some people aren’t as big of fans.
- Bake as directed, until the biscuits are raised and the tops are a nice golden brown.
Preheat your oven and melt your butter in the pan while it warms up. I used my cast iron skillet here because it was before I had bought a cake pan, but the best pan to use is a metal 9 inch cake pan 🙂