…my true blog gave to me the best sweet potato recipe!! Seriously, this sweet potato casserole cannot be topped! It’s so good that we usually all agree that it should be served with the desserts its so tasty…and then we just keep eating it with the entrée haha!! Warm, soft but crunchy, sweet with a hint of citrus…yay!!
Just a heads up…I will soon have photos of the process, because I am going to make it for Christmas!! But I figured if you guys need this recipe for YOUR Christmas, you can’t wait for the photos!! So I am going to post a few pictures of people enjoying this beauteous treat, and add the pictures of the process later for ya!! Because seriously…you don’t want to let Christmas slip by without making this!
So, here’s what you need:
- 3 C Mashed Yams
- 3/4 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 C Canned Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 C Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the topping:
- 3/4 C Butter, melted
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Corn Flakes, Crushed
- 1/2 C Pecans, Chopped
And here’s how you do it!!
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix together yams, butter, milk, and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add spices and vanilla.
- Pour into greased baking dish and slide in oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 400* and bake 5 more minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Add topping and bake until pecans look toasted but NOT BURNT!! 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!!!
I see on the original here that it can even be made the day before…just warm up in the oven, put the topping on, and heat!! 🙂
Pretty easy, huh?! You gotta try this!! Let me know what you think!!
And here it is, next to the mashed potatoes and Fresh Cranberry Relish!