…my true blog gave to meeeee, a sweet and tangy classic recipe!!
Yes, that’s right!! I gave you two fun new recipes to freshen up your Christmas season and bring the “wow” that you probably won’t see anywhere else. Now I am going to change it up and show you how to make those classic “it’s not Christmas without this” foods! And make them dang good. How can I guarantee that?! Well, because I grew up eating them, they didn’t come from a bag or can…and because I tried them out for our Rodgers family Thanksgiving so I could share them with you for Christmas!! Yay!! So…our first classic???
You put down that can of jiggly jelly stuff!! This will blow your mind!! And if you are a weirdo like me and am not a huge fan of turkey OR gravy…this is a great way to bring a pop of flavor, texture, and moisture to your turkey! However, at our house, we started eating it with our turkey…and ended eating with a spoon. Yes it’s that good.
And you know what the best part is? It is 3 ingredients…and they’re all pretty cheap ingredients that you may already have in your house considering the season. 🙂
SO….here’s what you need…ever so slightly adapted from oceanspray.com!
- 1 Orange, NOT PEELED, Cut into eighths (seeds removed if it had them)
- 12 oz Bag Fresh Cranberries, Rinsed
- 1/2C- 3/4C Sugar
And here’s how you do it:
- Place 4 of the orange slices in a food processor, then dump in half the bag of cranberries.
- Process until finely and evenly chopped and dump into a bowl
- Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange.
- Sprinkle on your sugar and stir in. Taste and adjust sugar amount.
How fantastic is that flavor?! Citursy…tart but so sweet, somehow refreshing and rich at the same time!! Just so good!! Yay!! ENJOY!!