Dude. I surprised myself with how good this is!! It could quite possibly be my new favorite breakfast!!! Though really, it feels more like a “treat” than a breakfast, it just turned out so good!
Have you ever tried Oat Bran? I hadn’t until a month or so ago…and discovered that I love it. I was raised eating Malt O Meal…my favorite hot cereal!! Much creamier and smooth than oatmeal, and a fantastic flavor! Sad thing is…when I moved to New York, I could not find it any where!!! So sad! I could find Malt O Meal brand cold cereal…but never the creamy deliciousness of my childhood. I found that I enjoyed Cream of Rice…however the whole white rice thing didn’t seem healthy to me. And then I stumbled upon Oat Bran. Hallelujah, I have found something to fill the hole in my sad lonely little tummy!!!
And then…then I had this idea. I tell you what. Hot cereal will never be the same. Somehow, without putting anything real bad in it…this ended up tasting like it had a lemony powdered sugar glaze. It was heavenly. And now I am going to share with you how you can make this heavenly creation for yourself. IT IS SO EASY!!!
So, here’s what you need:
- 2/3 C Oat Bran
- 2 C Water
- Dash of Salt
- Tbsp(ish) Raw Agave (do it to taste!!)
- Dash of Lemon Extract (1/8-1/4 tsp)
- 2 Tbsp Dehydrated Blueberries (Or fresh…I had a bag of dehydrated ones from Trader Joes. They plumped up nicely and worked perfectly!)
And here’s how you do it:
- Follow the package instructions…or bring the water and salt to a boil.
- Stir in Oat Bran and simmer for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon extract, Agave, and blueberries.
- Eat and be comforted from the inside out!!