The beauty of a can of chipotle peppers!!! As I discussed in my Black Bean Chicken Tacos post, I have recently started using chipotle peppers more often! And as I have done so, a few revelations came along with it: 1) Chipotle peppers are potent, and you usually only need one for a whole recipe. 2) If you only need one chipotle pepper for a whole recipe…then a tiny little can of these beasts can be the inspiration for four, five, maybe even six meals!!! How crazy is that?! And they’re like…what…a dollar per can?! Yowza!! So I am on a mission to help you discover what meals you can use your little can of chipotle peppers on!!! Here’s number two…ready, go!!!
These burgers had a fantastic flavor. A nice kick of heat, with the smoky flavor of the peppers, the sweet crunch of the grilled corn, and the classic feel of the black beans. It’s just…wonderful! So, enough talking about it, let’s get down to it!!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1/4 C Red Onion, Minced
- 1/4 C Grilled Corn
- 1/2 C Black Beans, Rinsed (Soaked and cooked if you are using dry)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 Chipotle Pepper, Minced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it!!!!
- So…for my corn, I had left over ears that we had grilled for a friend’s birthday party a few days before. I just sliced it off the ear. It was a great flavor addition, but you can use any other kind of corn if you want!! Chop and mince all your veggies!
- Combine it all in a bowl!!
- Combine it with your hands, and form into four patties. Make an indentation in the middle of each.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Melt a small amount of butter or coconut oil in the bottom, and gently drop the patties into it.
- Cook about 7 minutes, and flip. Cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, or a nice whole grain roll. Great with salsa and/or guacamole!! Enjoy!
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and melt a small amount of butter or coconut oil in the bottom. Carefully drop in your patties. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, so that patties are cooked through and browned.