I haven’t had salmon in so long. I missed it! TABBY LOVES SALMON!! However, I have never had it like this! It was kind of fun for a change! I knew my husband would like it because it has cumin on it….Mr. Rodgers loves the cumin flavor! I don’t even know if he could tell you that it is cumin that he loves. But it is! I go through bottles of it like crazyl. Anyways, even better is the fact that it has avocados on top!! I think everyone loves avocados!
Adapted from laylita.com. Awesome recipe from an awesome blog!!
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs salmon
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 *generous* tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Avocado, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion, or about 1/4 of a Large One (You can kind of tell by how the salsa looks)
- 1 Serrano Pepper, Finely Minced
- Juice from 1 to 1 1/2 Limes
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Little Squirt of agave if you want to cut the tartness. Optional. 🙂
- Handful Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- Combine the dry spices in a small bowl. Rub the salmon with olive oil and season it with the spice mixture. Stick it in the fridge and let it “marinate” it for about 30 minutes. Let those seasonings soak in!
- Preheat your oven or grill. I used my oven because we are out of propane. It was moist and tender, but would be great on the grill too!
- Prep your veggies!! Put them in a bowl with the lime juice and olive oil and very carefully combine. My avocado was quite ripe so I opted to use my hands to make sure I didn’t end up with guacamole. 😉 Salt to taste…and make sure to taste and adjust! Add agave if it is too tart for you! Put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Cook your fish! I cooked mine at 350* for 15-20 minutes in the oven. 🙂
- Put a slab of fish on your plate, and spoon some wonderful avocado salsa on top!! Now spoon the flakey fish goodness into your mouth, with the creamy avocado and tangy lime…with just a tiny kick from the Serrano!! Yes, yes, it is true…you will love this!!
Take your fish out! Doesn’t that look yummy?!l