So. When I cook, I usually end up using a “more is better” sort of theory. A lot of times, it works perfect, because you end up with a lot of flavor. However, it can also hold you back if you think that way ALL the time. Because often times, there is beauty in simplicity! Which is the truth for this stir fry recipe! You see…USUALLY when I make stir fry…I cram so many veggies in it that my HUGE wok is overflowing, and we eat it for days. I just get so excited about cramming everything I can think of into the pan. And it really, truly is delicious. But then…I met this recipe. ❤
I LOVE IT! Really. Its wonderful. And it somehow turns out so pretty, even without overflowing with all the different shapes and colors. The green of the asparagus catches your eye, and the perfect sear on the chicken makes your mouth water! You should try this. It’s great!
Adapted from gimmesomeoven.com! Lovely blog!
So, here’s what you need:
- 2 Tbsp Amino Acids (Our better version of Soy Sauce!)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Lg Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Scallions, choped
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
And here’s how you do it!
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients. Pour half in a container to save for later.
- Chop the chicken and place in a ziploc baggie, then pour the previous mixture over top. Seal it up, shake it up, and place it in the fridge to marinate. Preferably over night!!
- Melt your coconut oil over medium high heat; it works best in a cast iron skillet! Plus it just makes it look that much more awesome!
- Toss in your asparagus bits and saute until tender-crisp and starting to brown; about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken cubes to the cast iron skillet and cook until nicely seared and cooked nearly all the way through.
- Add garlic, scallions, and reserved marinade.
- Sauté a couple more minutes until garlic and onions are tender and smell delish….and make sure your chicken isn’t pink in the middle!
- Add the asparagus back in.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds! Serve with some hot quinoa, and spoon the pan juices all over it! YUM!!! SO GOOD!
Perfect hot meal for any season! And it is so kind to the ol’ body!
Whisk together the Amino Acids, honey, ginger, and pepper flakes. Reserve half, and dump the rest over the chicken in a ziploc baggie. Place in your fridge and let marinate for as long as you got…preferably over night!
Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat, and saute your asparagus pieces until browned and tender crisp…about 5 minutes! Remove from pan.
Add chicken to hot pan and cook until almost done, and you have a nice sear on the sides. See? Pretty!!
Add your garlic and shallots and dump in the reserved marinade. Cook until shallots are soft and chicken is cooked all the way through!!
Add the asparagus back in and stir it all together…take off heat, add in sesame oil, and garnish with sesame seeds!
Yummy yummy yummy!! Eat on top of a pile of hot steamy quinoa with the pan juices dribbled on top!! Hallelujah!