That just happened. You may have noticed that I am on an avocado kick. I don’t think that will change any time soon. I love them. They’re healthy. They’re tasty. They’re 5 for $5 at PriceChopper. 😀 And this was such a fun way to mix it up at lunch time! Plus, this meal made my husband really happy, and making him happy makes me so happy! Was that sentence confusing enough for you? Haha. Are you ready for this?! I don’t know if you are. Well, either way…we’re doing this!!!
I have to credit my inspiration to my former boss and forever friend Aly Hennessy…I reported for duty early one morning, and she had made me scrambled eggs and grilled avocado for breakfast. Yeah. You all wish she was your boss, don’t ya?! I could not believe how great the avocado was with a little char and the big flakes of sea salt…mmmm!! So you can thank her for this experiment-turned-success!
Tuna fish sandwiches will never be the same. And are now so much healthier!
So, here’s what you need:
- 2 Avocados, Sliced in half and pitted
- 1 Can tuna
- 2 Boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Carrot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Celery, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp capers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mrs. Dash to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- Start your eggs boiling.
- Prep all your veggies and toss in a medium bowl.
- Open your can of tuna, drain, and add to veggies.
- Peel your eggs and chop, and add to the bowl.
- Add your mayo and olive oil, capers, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash and mix it all together! You have your stuffin’s!
- Heat your grill over medium. Rub the avocado halves with a small amount of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and throw on your grill for 2-5 minutes. You don’t want it to get mushy, you just want to get some char…you know how I love grill lines!! The added flavor is so fantastic, it really makes the dish.
- Remove avocados carefully, and stuff generously with your tuna filling!! Eat, be satisfied, and love your life!!! 🙂
Prep your veggies…
Add all the other ingredients, minus the avocados, and mixed till well combined.
Rub your avocado halves with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.