These were fun! I liked them, and my husband REALLY liked them. Seriously. They were done before the rest of the meal and I had to keep swatting his hand to keep him from devouring them all before we sat down for dinner, haha. Something about the saltiness of the parmesan, the sweet nature of the Zucchini, and the crunch of the sunflower seeds kept him chattering about these guys all night long. The original recipe, which has been much adapted, called these little bites of deliciousness “Zucchini Tots.” I decided to change the name because when I read “Zucchini Tots” I started thinking “Tater Tots” and that was what I had on my brain when I bit into them….what I found was more of a fun little mini quiche sort of effect. Very delish. But I didn’t want you to be surprised, expecting a tater tot like I was….so here you have it, let’s make some Savory Zucchini Bites!
Adapted from http://www.emilybites.com.
So, here’s what you need:
- 2 C Zucchini, Shredded
- 1/2 Red Onion, minced
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 C Oatmeal
- 1/4 C Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 C Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- Salt and Pepper
And here’s how you do it!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain as much moisture as possible from the shredded zucchini. Place on top of a paper towel and squish it with another paper towel to get more of the moisture out. You’ll be amazed at how much just keeps coming!
- Mix together all the ingredients!
- Spoon into a greased MINI muffin pan.
- Bake until beautifully golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pan using a butter knife or some such tool…and enjoy!! Fun!!!
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Drain as much moisture as possible from the shredded zucchini. Place on top of a paper towel and squish it with another paper towel to get more of the moisture out. You’ll be amazed at how much just keeps coming!
Put all the ingredients in a bowl…
Carefully remove from the pan. I used a butter knife to loosen around the outside and it worked well.
Now serve along side a yummy protein! Though really…these have plenty of protein too, since there are two eggs in here!!
Here they are along side our Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Burgers! It was the perfect side 🙂