Yes you read that right. This was dang delicious, and reminded me so much of fried rice. I LOVE fried rice. But this was cauliflower!!! How is that even possible?! Well, it is. Stay tuned to find out how! You won’t be disappointed!! So tasty, but so healthy!! I never cease to be amazed by sneaky food…being so delicious but so nutritious. Hallelujah. I’m a happy girl.
Adapted from stupideasypaleo.com.
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 Head Cauliflower, Grated
- 2 Carrots, Sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Minced
- 6 Green Onions, Sliced
- 1/2 to 1 inch Ginger, Peeled and Minced
- 1 Can Sliced Mushrooms (Or fresh…mine went bad so I had to raid the pantry!!)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Bragg’s Amino Acids
And here’s how you do it!!
- Rinse your cauliflower and cut into manageable pieces and grate. Now, you could do this by hand…but I used my handy dandy KitchenAid attachment…and you could probably use a food processor too and save yourself some work!
- Prep your veggies! Slicey Mincey Choppy!
- Get a big pot or a wok (I love it when I can use my wok!) and melt the Coconut Oil in it over medium heat.
- Add Carrots, red onion, and ginger. Stir and cook until everything is starting to soften. (If you are using fresh mushrooms feel free to add them now.)
- Add grated cauliflower, mushrooms, green onions, and Bragg’s Amino Acids. Stir to combine and cook until cauliflower begins to soften, 5-7 minutes.
- Create a well in the middle of your mixture so the bottom of the wok is exposed. Crack your eggs into the well and scramble until cooked. Stir into the rest of the ingredients so everything is evenly dispersed.
- Serve and enjoy! I topped this with my Salmon with Grapefruit Relish…and somehow the flavors worked together fantastically!!
Oh boy. My tummy just growled and I haven’t even posted the pictures yet, haha!
Now grate using whatever method you prefer…I must say I highly recommend the use of a KitchenAid or Food Processor. See how easy that looks?
Now you should have a nice big bowl of cauliflower “rice.” Yay! We’re gettin there!
Heat coconut oil in a wok (or big pan). Add your carrots, red onion, and ginger and cook a few minutes, until everything begins to soften.
Now add your cauliflower, green onions, mushrooms, and Amino Acids. Sorry the picture was fuzzy, it was starting to get steamy in there, haha!
Mix everything together and cook until cauliflower begins to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
Create a well so you can see the bottom of your wok. Crack three eggs into the well and scramble until cooked.
Now stir it all together!!! SOOOO yummy!!!
Happy happy happy!!! Enjoy this healthy version of an Asian favorite!!