Yummy. I love green beans. For real. Especially with garlic and ginger. So this recipe made me happy, happy, happy. Beautiful side dish for any kind of protein. One of my favorite things about starting the journey to health is the fact that I have discovered that there are SO many different ways to make vegetables…so many flavors you can use, and so many different ways to cook them! It blows my mind and makes me so excited! I think a lot of people who say they “hate vegetables” or “don’t do green” just don’t know that veggies don’t have to be boring. In fact…it’s pure injustice if you let them be. Because they are worth so much more than that!! This recipe is a perfect example of a green living up to it’s potential. Try it out!!!
Adapted from www.foodandwine.com
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lb fresh Green Beans
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Amino Acids (Soy Sauce Substitute)
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- In a large pot of water, bring water to boil and salt it. Toss in the green beans and boil until tendercrisp, about 4 minutes.
- While beans boil, prepare a bowl of ice water. As soon as beans are done, toss them into the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, probably about 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and red pepper flakes, then green beans and amino acids. Toss together and saute for a few more minutes. Serve and enjoy!!
Don’t they look good? They were! They were slightly reminiscent of Garlic Ginger Peas, but I thought somehow this flavor was even better.
Here it is next to a steak and chicken breast my husband grilled for me…we had just been given the grill a few days prior for his birthday, but hadn’t had a chance to try it out yet…so even though we were busy all day, he ended up being so excited to try his man grill that we grilled at 11 at night, haha! The beauty of being young, impulsive, and childless 😉 These beans were the perfect green side for the tasty main course.
Try it out, make it your own, and let me know how you like it!!!