Ever since I saw a picture of this on Pinterest, I knew I just had to try. They are so cute. And I LOVE me some fried eggs. And since I eat eggs for breakfast almost every day, it was nice to have a way to shake it up a little bit…and it only added yummy healthiness, cause it was eggs plus a veggie. It’s pretty self explanatory. If you can see the picture, you can probably do it. But here is how I did it, just in case 🙂
Here is what you need:
- 1 Large Bell Pepper of your favorite color (You want it more short and fat, in contrast to one of the long skinny ones.)
- 2-3 eggs, depending on how hungry you are
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it!
- Slice the bell pepper into slices between 1/2 in and 1 inch thick. If it is a narrow pepper like mine was, you’ll need thicker slices so your eggs don’t run over. (I learned that the hard way ;))
- Melt your butter in a flat-bottomed pan.
- Toss in your slices and cook for a couple of minutes, flipping once. You want them to be starting to get tender.
- Crack your eggs into the middle of the pepper slices. Duh. 😉
- Salt and pepper! I like LOTS of fresh cracked black pepper on my fried eggs.
- Cook until the eggs are at your desired amount of done-ness. It works best for over easy-ish. If you like them cooked all the way through, it will still work but won’t be as pretty. I’ll show you in my pictures 😉
Here we go!
Melt the butter in a pan and start cooking the bell pepper slices
Crack the eggs into the middle of the slices
Cook until it is at your desired amount of done-ness. You like my fancy, official foodie speech? Ha. I wish. Done-ness.
It works best for over-easyish done-ness. And looks the prettiest. However, if that freaks out you can pop the yolk and flip it half way through so it all gets cooked 🙂
Isn’t that just a fun idea? I hope you love it!!! It would be cute for entertaining too, cause they kind of look like flowers! Totally just thought of that! FUN!!!!