This…was the lovely side to the leg of lamb that I posted last week 🙂 I’ve been surprised at how many different tastes you can get simply by taking some veggies, cooking them or leaving them cold…and tossing them with a vinaigrette! In fact I’ve been so inspired by it that I have started trying my own combos! But those, we will save for another day! Today, I will show you one from perfectweightamerica.com. I was very excited to try it, because through making his favorite white bean tuna salad for lunches (like seriously…he eats it every day, haha!) my husband has fallen in love with the taste capers add to the dish. So it was fun to try another recipe that used them 🙂 As always, I upped the garlic 🙂 We opted to eat these warm, but you can also toss them into a bowl of ice water after cooking them if you want a cold bean salad 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs Green Beans, trimmed
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Leaves Basil, chopped
- 2 Leaves Oregano, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Here’s how you do it:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, ensuring that it will be enough to cover the beans.
- Salt it generously, the original says about a tsp of salt per quart of water 🙂
- Toss in the beans and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Mix up the vinaigrette ingredients (everything else) and toss it with the green beans.
- Serve, eat, enjoy the taste and nutrition you are loving your body with 🙂
Super easy, quick, and healthy 🙂