My husband loves my cooking. Especially when I make big, meaty things. He’ll brag on me to his friends 🙂 However….it’s very rare that the thing he is talking about at the end of the day is the vegetable SIDE DISH! Yeah. That just happened. And the next day…he mentioned “that asparagus,” followed by a manly “that was delicious” growl in his throat. That….is how you know an asparagus recipe is freaking amazing. I couldn’t change a thing about this recipe. It is definitely going to be a staple in our house. Cause we love asparagus, and its so super special 🙂 Plus…it’s just so cute. How often does your food have “confetti?!”
Recipe from spoonful.com. 🙂 Thank you, Pinterest, for helping me stumble upon this beauty 😀
So, here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs asparagus, ends snapped off (bend them, and they’ll break naturally at just the right spot)
- 1/2 Red Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper, diced
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper (unless you are like me, and are offended at the discrimination against black pepper…I usually add the same amount of pepper as salt. Haha!)
Note: This is a dish that you can serve hot or cold! Mr. Rodgers and I have officially decided that we like our veggies hot versus cold, so that is the slant I will take on this one. BUT, if you want this to be a cold salad…have a bowl of ice water ready when you cook your asparagus, and throw it in the bowl when its done 🙂 It will stop the cooking process and cool them down so you can have a nice cool dish 🙂
So, here’s how you do it:
- Prep your veggies. Pop off the ends of the asparagus, and dice your bell peppers real small.
- Whisk together the olive oil, dijon, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Make sure there is enough water to cover the asparagus.
- Toss in your asparagus, return to a simmer, and cook until tender crisp…about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove and immediately drain well.
- Fan your asparagus out on a platter, drizzle with your dressing, and sprinkle with the bell pepper confetti! Yay!! Fun!! Yummy!!
Now you can see how pretty it is 🙂
Prep your veggies 🙂 I definitely think that is more than 2 cloves garlic. Oops haha 🙂
Cute 🙂 Confetti!!!