I didn’t expect this to be as tasty as it was!! There was no cheese, no cream cheese, no milk…and yet it was still super creamy and flavorful. I was amazed at the fantastic taste that came simply from the veggies in this soup!! Cause it really was…just veggies! But they were soooo good!!! Beautiful taste, beautiful texture…warm and comforting for these last few snowy days…yummmm! And seriously…if I didn’t care about health and gluten…I would scoop this into bread bowls and it would be heavenly!!!! Observe…
Adapted from perfectweightamerica.com.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 C Broccoli, Roughly Chopped.
- 1 C Celery, chopped
- 3-4 Carrots, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 4 C Water
- 2 Leaves Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- Prep your veggies!
- Melt your butter over medium heat in a soup pot.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and saute a few more minutes.
- Sprinkle in your herbs and give it a stir.
- Add in the liquids, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend with an immersible blender, or scoop the veggies with a little broth into a regular blender and blend until creamy…in batches if necessary. Stir it all up, then spoon into bowls and enjoy. Sooooo creamy! And sooo healthy!!!!
Start by prepping your veggies!! Aren’t they pretty? Love me some veggies!