Visiting the archives again!!! But I just had to share this with you!!! It is a favorite! I made it for Jay and I and we loved it…and when my boss saw a picture she whined that she wasn’t eating it. Encouraged by these reviews, I made it for my mom when she visited from Washington…which is saying something because I wanted to show her that I’ve become a big girl and can cook well now 😉 So the fact that I trusted this recipe should say something! We also took it to one of our pastor’s (and dearest friend’s) house. EVERYONE raved about this. I mean…how can you go wrong with feta, garlic, and bacon?! Omggggg!! 🙂 Oh, and, just so you know…..this is a bit of a cheat meal 😉
Thanks to Pinterest for helping me find this gem…and to deliciously-thin.com for being a genius and coming up with it! All I did was up the garlic amount. I tend to double the garlic in most recipes. 😀
So, here’s what you need:
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Box Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 C Mayo
- 8 oz Feta Cheese. Yummmmm.
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 12 Slices Bacon (Turkey, if you are attempting to be “good”)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet, or put them in a Ziploc and seal (you don’t wanna squirt chicken juice all over your kitchen) and pound the crap out of it with a pan. That’s what I usually do. Get them even and decently thin.
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts long ways, not cutting all the way through so you have a sort of flap 🙂 Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the mayo, feta, spinach, and garlic in a bowl. Make sure you don’t have a bunch of liquid in the spinach before you mix it in. You can always use paper towels to sop some of it up 🙂
- Stuff the chicken breasts with your feta mixture…you may need to secure them closed with a couple of toothpicks if it looks like its gonna get messy.
- Sprinkle the chicken with paprika.
- Wrap with two pieces of bacon. Mmmm.
- Place in a casserole dish, with the seam side of the bacon down.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken is done 🙂
- Enjoy!!!! SO good!