Little brains!!! Not a lot of people enjoy them. They seem to be the black sheep of veggies…the ones that adults and children alike shudder in terror when you mention. Well. That just will not do. Because they can be delicious! They have so much potential…they’re just misunderstood! 😉 Now that we have given them our psychiatric evaluation…let’s explain one way they can be absolutely delightful! This one, I must admit…I didn’t change a thing so don’t give me credit! Perfectweightamerica.com had it, well…perfect! 😉 Sweet from the honey, tart from the mustard, flavorful from the thyme and garlic…and a little zing from the vinegar!
I LOVE roasted veggies. Definitely my favorite way to eat them. Warm…so comforting. Crunchy…so the perfect texture. And simply delicious, cause their natural taste is the star!! So, without further a do:
Here’s what you need:
- 4 C Brussels Sprouts (Sidenote: they sell bags of them at Sams Club that end up being exactly 4 C, and pretty cheap!)
- 5 Cloves Garlic (You know its gotta be good when there is that much garlic!)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 *generous* tsp Honey
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
And here’s what you do (seriously, I don’t think it could be easier):
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash your sprouts and chop ’em in half. Trim if needed. I started trimming the ends off of mine and they just started falling apart and not working well..and I realized that there was nothing gross or weird about them, so they probably didn’t need to be trimmed. And they worked much better when I made that realization.
- Peel garlic (give it a little squish to help.) Run your fingers down the thyme sprigs to remove the leaves.
- Put your Brussels sprouts and garlic in a large bowl.
- Mix everything else in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour the sauce over the sprouts and toss to coat.
- Lay out the sprouts on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Pop into the oven for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. That’s it!! Yummy browned crispy sweet and tangy goodness! And soooooooooo good for you! 🙂
What’s your favorite way to eat Brussels Sprouts?! Any good healthy recipes for me to try?
Washed and sliced in half, waiting to be dressed and roasted!