I loooooove me some roasted veggies. It works with pretty much any vegetable, and I do believe it is one of the tastiest ways to eat them. All you need is to know how hot to heat your oven, and inspiration on what veggies to try. I loved this recipe because it was a whole bunch of different veggies, and things I wouldn’t have thought to try roasted in the oven! Like tomatoes…who woulda thought I’d actually kind of like them roasted, haha?! So please…when you don’t know what to serve along side your main course, and you wanna get some good nutrients in your kiddos…try this bad boy!!! I could eat warm, comforting, and tasty roasted veggies with every meal 🙂 Plus, there are so many benefits to using the mixed veggie route…all the different colors are pretty…all the yummy flavors compliment each other…and I’m no nutrition genius, but I’m guessing that each veggie has its own vitamins and nutrients so you are getting a menagerie of health 🙂 Yay!!!
Sooooo, here’s what you need!!!
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced into large chunks
- 2 large bell peppers, your favorite color, sliced into chunks
- 2 zucchini, quartered then sliced in half
- 2 yellow squash, quartered then sliced in half
- 3-5 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
And here’s how you do it 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- As soon as your veggies are sliced and chunked…..place them on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss so all the veggies are coated.
- Season generously with salt (or herbamare seasoning) and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until the veggies have reached your desired degree of tenderness…about 15 minutes.
- Serve along some protein, and en-freaking-joy
Everything peeled, chopped, chunked, and sliced…awaiting seasoning and roasting. But already so colorful and inviting!