When I saw this on the meal plan, my thought was…”well, kale is super healthy…I have forced myself to like things before, I can do it with kale too.” So I decided to be brave and try the recipe!! Jay and I ate this, and agreed…it was so yummy, and something we would actually WANT to eat again 🙂 In fact…it made enough for left overs and it was still good warmed up the day after, and we were excited to have more!!! You should try it 🙂 It’s sooooo good for you 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 (generous) Tbsp Honey, preferably raw
- 1 Lemon
- 1 lb Kale
And, as always, here’s how you do it 🙂
- Rinse your kale, and trim off the stems…at least the big ones!! That’s where you get the bitter flavor 🙂
- Zest and juice your lemon.
- Melt the coconut oil in a ginormous pan. If you do not have a huge pan…halve the recipe or do it in batches. I used a 6 qt soup pot and still didn’t have enough room!!
- Add everything except your kale and sesame seeds. Stir it up and make sure the garlic cooks at least 30 seconds-ish. It should be getting fragrant 🙂
- Add the kale and cook for about 5 minutes, tossing in the sauce. It should shrink quite a bit.
- Top with sesame seeds and toss again, then heap it on your plate and enjoy!!! See why I call it sweet and sour? The honey is such a nice dessert-y flavor, but you still have the tang of the lemon…you might forget you’re eating kale!! So delicious and nutritious!!
Kudos to whoever submitted this to Perfectweightamerica.com…you made kale pleasant!! I salute you!!
So tell me…does anybody else have a favorite way to prepare kale?