This was a very different way to eat green beans!!! I’ve never had them cold 🙂 It was yummy!! But my favorite part of this was the vinaigrette!!! I seriously think I want to make it just for salad…like an Asian salad with mandarins and grilled chicken and nuts and raisins and sunflower seeds!!! Oh my gosh that would be delicious!! And I find the sheer amount of garlic to die for! So here’s the recipe, thanks to perfectweightamerica.com for this one! I have to give them complete credit, it was so fun I didn’t even change anything 🙂 I will put down the instructions for the cold bean salad as well, but use this vinaigrette on whatever you want! Yummy!
Note: If you are making this to go with a meal, make sure you start it early, it’s supposed to chill for an hour before serving 🙂
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 4 C fresh green beans
- 1 Large orange, juiced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it 🙂
- Boil a large pot of water, and throw your beans in until they are tender-crisp.
- Immediately remove from heat and toss into ice water to stop the cooking process. Let sit for a few minutes until they are cool.
- Drain and dry beans on some paper towels.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette (olive oil, garlic, dijon, fresh orange juice, salt & pepper).
- Combine beans and vinaigrette, toss to coat, and place in your fridge to sit for at least an hour!!
- Eat. Yummy! Healthy!! Fun!!
Here’s my pictures yay!
Pile them on your plate and devour!!! Nice change from all the hot veggie sides…nice and refreshing 🙂 I hope you enjoy!! Again, put this vinaigrette on whatever veggies you desire, even a fresh salad 🙂 Shoot…add some balsamic and I bet it would make a killer chicken marinade…shoot boy, I gotta try that!!