Mmmmm. Jay and I concocted this one together, it started one night when groceries were low and we were starving…and this beauty was birthed 🙂 What better to take away the hungries than some warm protein-packed quinoa, with some veggies added for even more health!!! 🙂 We kept it simple that night, and I liked it so much that I tried making it again not too long after!!
So here’s what you need:
- 1 C Quinoa, uncooked (or more i fyou wanna stretch it out)
- 2 T Butter
- 1/2 Onion, diced (I used red, I think any kind will work)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Large Carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 C Broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Hot Sauce, or more if you’re brave 🙂 (I used Sriracha)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
And here’s how you do it 🙂
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the box.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a nice big pot, or a wok would work well too I’m sure 🙂
- Saute your onions until starting to get translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of your veggies, stir and cook until they are softened. Mine took about 10 minutes.
- Add your cooked quinoa and stir in, getting a little bit of a fry on the quinoa.
- Crack your three eggs into a bowl, add the hot sauce, and whisk.
- Scramble your eggs in a pan, busting them up into little bits.
- Add eggs to quinoa mixture, stir up, season to taste…serve up and enjoy!!!
Stir it up, and enjoy!!! It’s so pretty!! And it was so tasty, I had half for lunch then took the rest for dinner on the go, since it was a dance class night!!! It was even good COLD! Now that’s pretty crazy!!! 😉