I know I just posted a recipe on Saturday…I usually try to wait a few days between posts…BUT I JUST COULDN’T WAIT!! Look what I made last night!!! I’m so proud of me!! And my helper, Mr. Hottie McHotterson!
I am so PUMPED right now!!! HOLY COW!! I’ve always been so afraid to make rack-of-anything…cause they make it look so fancy on the cooking shows!! Well guess what…my final product looked fancy too…BUT IT WAS SO EASY! And so delicious that my husband and I were both freaking out. I’m not exaggerating. Jason kept looking and me and saying “this is SOOOO good” in between satisfied, happy moans. Crispy crunch on the outside…warm tender, medium-rare middle, and a dynamite pesto on top; an explosion of flavor! Mmmm! This could be the happiest a recipe has ever made me. For serious. The last few nights I have been discouraged and not wanted to make dinner. NO MORE! I wanna cook every minute of every day!!! Watch out Iron Chef, here I come! Haha!
And to think…something this tasty is wonderfully healthy and Perfectweightamerica.com recommended! Which, by the way, is working fantastically! Can we take a moment and applaud the best man on earth…Mr. Rodgers…for his decision to commit to health? Today we weighed in, and I cannot believe it because we still stuff our faces with delicious things…he’s dropped 16 pounds in one week!! I’m so proud!!!
Here he is now, helping with the pesto!
So, without further a do….Here’s what you need:
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 C Basil Leaves
- 1 C Parsley Leaves
- 1 C Mint Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Oregano Leaves
- 1 C Pine Nuts
- 1 C Olive Oil
- 3 lb Rack of Lamb (Confession…I was going to do half the recipe so I only got 1.6 lbs…then forgot and we made a full recipe of pesto, haha!! But I love the pesto so much….that I’m glad we did!! I was wiping extra on every bite!)
Here’s how you do it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 Tbsp coconut oil in a grill pan or skillet over high heat. This is what is going to give you your nice crisp char. Yummy. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the rack and brown about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish, plop it in your oven, and set your timer for 20 minutes if you like medium rare. We DEFINITELY liked it medium rare. Add some time if you want it more well done.
- Mealwhile, put all your herbs, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor…or blender if you’re cool like me and don’t yet own a food processor. Pulse and blend (stirring occasionally if needed) until everything is chopped small.
- While your machine is still running, pour in 1/4 C olive oil and blend until smooth-ish. You all probably know what pesto is supposed to look like. If needed, add more olive oil until it is your desired consistency.
- When the lamb is done cooking, take it out and set it aside for about 10 minutes. Take a knife and cut between the bones so you get nice individual chops
- Put your pretty little chops on a plate, top with a generous blob of pesto, garnish with some extra herbs if you want it to look pretty, then dive in. You can be all elegant and polite and use a fork and knife, like my husband tried to do. Or you can be a caveman like me, pick it up and yank off some meat with your chompers!!! SO GOOOOOD! Wanna see my pictures?
Isn’t it pretty? I used a cast iron skillet cause apparently non stick is no bueno for you…and it seems like a good choice if you want a nice char and lots of flavor! However…it did smoke up the house a bit!
Try it out, and give me some feedback! And thanks again to perfectweightamerica.com for another beauty!!