Wow. Just looking at that makes me SO hungry!!! I think you guys are gonna like this one. And believe it or not…this one came completely from me! Well…that and Kirkwood family tradition. That’s right Mamma K, holla!! Most of the seasonings I used were in almost every dish I ate growing up, especially when it came to grilled veggies!!!! These veggies work greet as a side, or if you take the “add kielbasa” option, it’s a perfect lunch full of flavor!!! And summer squashies are pretty good for you too 🙂
So, here’s what you need:
- 1 Medium Summer Squash or Zucchini
- 1 Small Potato
- 1/2 a Turkey Kielbasa (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder (I like lots of onion and garlic!)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle of thyme, or your favorite herb
Here’s how ya do it!! It’s pretty simple!
- Slice your squash into rounds. Slice your potato into thinner rounds (they took longer to cook)! I then sliced my potatoes into half-rounds so they looked like wedges. That probably wasn’t necessary. But potato wedges make happy! Here, I’ll show you!
- Put your veggies in a big bowl, add the olive oil and give ’em a toss. Make sure all the pieces are coated! You can add some oil if you need to 🙂
- Sprinkle on your seasonings. Give them another toss…so everything is coated in all the delicious seasonings now 🙂
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium high. I used my little pan of course 🙂
- If you are wanting kielbasa too…slice it up!
- Place the veggies (and meat) on the grill, or in the pan, and grill for about 4 minutes per side. Look at their pretty grill lines!
- Prick them to make sure they are soft in the middle. Now, eat them!! Watch the kielbasa, it might cook faster than the veggies and you don’t want it to shrivel too much so its still kinda juicy. Yummy yummy, enjoy!