I love grilled vegetables! Really! Especially when it includes zucchini and summer squash.
My mouth is watering! Call me a newbie…but I didn’t even know that Miso was something more than a kind of soup at SushiLand. Ha! Apparently it’s something you can buy! And it’s yummy! This is another little gem that we got from perfectweightamerica.com. It’s allowed on our cleanse! YEAH! This recipe requires a little marinating, so give yourself an extra 30 minute jump start at least 😉 And just a repeat note…because of the cleanse we are doing, everything is supposed to be organic. If you’re not into that, it works perfectly well with non-organic veggies 🙂 Oh, and its a big batch…so if you don’t want leftovers, or to feed quite a few…I’d halve it 😉
Here’s what you need:
- 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce or Braggs Amino Acids
- 4 Zucchini, organic
- 4 Yellow Squash, organic
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, organic
- 2 Tbsp Miso
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Sauce, organic
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Medium Red Onion
Side note….I JUST realized that I forgot the onion. I love grilled onion. My heart just cracked a little… Whelp, no biggie… I’ll just have to make this recipe again!! YES!!!
Here’s how you do it 🙂
- Slice your veggies and put them in a bowl, or a big Ziploc if they fit.
- Combine the Coconut Oil, Soy Sauce/Amino Acids, Vinegar, Miso, Tomato Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Chili Flakes.
- Pour the mixture over your veggies, toss so they’re all coated, and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. The longer they sit, the spicier they will be 🙂
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium heat. Grill veggies about 5 minutes per side. Remove them. Eat them. Be surprised. Eat some more. Sigh. Be happy!
Wanna See it in pictures?